Monday, February 15, 2010

The Last Mohican


So…I decided I hated the comb-over haircut they gave Steffanie and went with a #2 guard with the clippers…it was at least even and I figured it couldn’t get any shorter and it’d also grow out even…boy was I wrong…You see, Ryan shaves his head because he figures his receding hairline is enough in itself and he’s not going to let it get him down. He had just shaved his head and walked away for less than two minutes; which is more than enough time for any child to cause severe mayhem and that is exactly what happened. Steff went into the bathroom-along with Sadie and discovered the still plugged-in clippers. From what I can deduce she attempted to shave Sadie’s head first and got the one little section when Sadie, being the timid child she is-bolted…She then resorted to her own hair…From the picture you can clearly see she looks like an actor from The Last of the Mohicans, we’ve left her hair this way and she’s been quite embarrassed by it and that is justice enough for Ryan and I. Not to mention it absolutely hilarious to walk away and come back to see her all over again with a reverse Mohawk.
Kieran is doing what Kieran does, preparing to drive his parent’s completely insane…I’m thinking it’s a teenage thing and I pray to our Dear Lord he grows out of it. He’s at least trying in school and his lying seems to have taken a curve for the better. I’m not sure if that’s because he’s sick of the discipline or that fact that I can tell when he’s lying and trick him into saying things that implicate himself? It looks like baseball for the Junior High team is out but maybe that will help him see the consequences we all face for our actions. He’s a great kid and super helpful so I pray I’m not painting him a bad light.
Ryan and I are doing much better. He’s been on days and we now have dinner as a family and time together. I can’t believe the improvement.
As for me personally…Well, I’m sure most of you have heard I have again herniated my L5-S1 disc and will be going in for another microdiscectomy. I had an appointment with Dr. Welling on the 8th and he wanted to do the surgery the 10th…I told him that would be great but my husband had to give some advanced notice of his absence. So he scheduled me for the 17th. I’m actually looking forward to this surgery because the nerve down the back of my leg that is being affected is so painful that I have a hard time taking care of myself, let alone my family. I can’t stand for more than a minute without feeling like my leg is going to give out and sitting and lying are not any better. I’m really looking forward to the relief. Welling showed me the MRI of my disc and compared it to the first one, the disc is half the size it was less than a year ago and anymore herniation and it will be bone on bone and I’ll need a fusion. He said he’d just do the fusion now but he really wants to avoid that and for the best since I’m still quite young. Lucky me….

No comments: