Tuesday, January 5, 2010

9-1-1 Good or Bad?

So, yesterday I have a doctors appointment and decided to shower, who doesn't want to be clean for a visit to the doctor? So I jumped in the shower with my brother Travis and my son Kieran to hold down the fort-or better yet keep the house standing. Steff and Sadie discovered Kieran's cell phone and thought they'd call the only number they know know(read Steffanie)...Yep, 9-1-1! While I'm in the shower Steff's being extremely persistent about getting my attention( I lock the door so I don't have to worry what they are in to). She does this a good 5 times. Once I shut the water off I hear her telling me someone is on the phone. Thinking they dialed a wrong number or possibly out of the US I come flying out dripping wet...
Just as Steff informs it's 9-1-1 my heart sinks and I want to crawl in a hole. I got on with the dispatcher and she informed me that Steff was banging on the door so much at her direction and that Steff has informed her there is a fire. None of which is true but I have to appologize in saucy amounts to this lady and advise her that she had plenty of supervision available although they had fallen back to sleep. She was nice and shortly let me go but that was an experiencd I'll never forget.
I've always wondered if Steff knew how to dial for emergency services. I have to say that I'm proud of her but admitt the timing was less than ideal.

No comments: