Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sugery and the Fam...

Hello Again...
I just wanted to take a moment to update everyone on what is the latest with my back...I have surgery on the 13th of May...It's a pretty simple surgery, it's called a microdiscectomy. It only requires a few centimeters of incision and the recovery time is quite short compared to a macrodiscectomy. There are some risks but doesn't everything have risks..? The risks are that my disc could collapse once the herniation is removed but the chances of that are only 1 in 10. I may also suffer from massive headaches for 2 to 3 days should the spinal nerve be ruptured which will ultimately cause my spinal fluid to leak. I'm not sure of the statistics on that but I'm praying the disc hasn't fused to the spinal nerve...
Enough about me...
Kieran is doing quite well...He's been much happier and more productive in the past couple weeks. He can now play soccer and baseball as his foot has healed. He still has a little limp which I suppose is due to having his foot isolated for a few weeks..? It's wonderful to have be happy and the great kid that we all know he is.
Steffanie has been quite the sweetheart this week. She has been being very playful with Sadie and they both laugh at her antics. She's been very loving...today she gave me a few hugs and each time she did she told me she loved me.
Sadie is really picking up sigh language and she uses it all the time. She seems to love learning new signs and it doesn't take her long at all to pick up a new one. We figured she knows about 30 signs that she uses regularly. I'm the only one who really knows what she is saying so I have to translate. It's funny, but, I enjoy being able to talk to her.
Ryan is stressed out as usually. I think he takes on too much of the problems of our family and remains the sole financial support. To me, that's a recipe for disaster. I try to stay very supportive and be a good girl so he doesn't have to worry what his crazy wife is doing. I continually pray for him to have peace and I know the Lord will give it to him...in time.

No comments: